Sunday, June 14, 2009

Summer is almost here


Summer is almost here. Everything is in bloom, and the birds are singing. There are Butterflies in my garden. I love to sit outside in the early morning , soaking up the silence as the sleepy world wakes up. it is so peaceful. It is a great time for reflection, and to feel close to God.

This card reminds me of spring time. I love the little bird getting ready to break into song. The large music notes and little bird are from the TJ Designs set: "Song Birds." I really love this set. I have used it alot. It is very versatile. The small music notes are stamped using an Anna Griffin/All night media stamp. The ribbon and buttons are from my stash. The star is punched from some silver card stock that I have had forever, left over from another project. The star is punched using the small star punch from Stampin" Up!. I placed it on a little circle of newsprint and spritzed it with "Pearl" Glimmer Mist by Tattered Angels. It gives it just a little sparkle. I added some bits of paper doilie, you know the kind you get in the cake section at Michaels, or Walmart.
It adds a little vintage feel to the project. There is a little hint of tinsel peeking out at the top. and I covered the base of the card with some "Bella Rose" DSP from Stampin' Up!

I hope your Summer Days are sunny! Thanks for stopping by!

Heidi

No comments: