Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Late Easter Card

Hello! I hope this week is going great for everyone! I have a late Easter card that I wanted to share with all of you. I made this for my Daughter using a few stamps found in the $1.00 bin a Michaels. Sometimes you can find good stuff in there! I used various scraps of Stampin' Up DSP and card stock that I had in my stash. I just tried to put together some pleasing color combo's using what I had. I think it turned out rather nice, for a hodge podge card. I just wanted something light and fun to send to Nicole and her Hubby for Easter.

I hope you all had a wonderful Easter! My family and I sure did. We had a very nice dinner over at my Sister's place and the kids had their annual Egg Hunt. I started buying the large plastic eggs a couple years back, and filling them with little goodies from the $1.00 store. The kids get a kick out of finding a small prize in every egg. Sometimes it's a little toy, or some candy , or a quarter . Sometimes even a dollar bill! Last year I made a "Golden Ticket" and placed it in just one of the eggs. and whoever found that special egg got a special prize. Normally I make sure that everyone gets the same amount of goodies, so no one feels left out. This year I just made all the prizes the same for everyone. They have fun, and before I leave, they make sure I have all the empty eggs to be filled again for next year. The egg hunt is my favorite part. I start collecting prizes well before Easter. I am a "bigger kid" than all of them put together! Hopefully they will all have fond memories to take with them into adulthood. Here are a few pics to share of our Easter. Hope you enjoy them.

Now it's off to bed, to get some sleep before work tomarrow I have more projects to share, so I'll be posting again in the next day or so. Have a good one! Heidi

No comments: