Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Happy Tuesday Everyone!

I have been away for a while, I was out of town visiting my Daughter, Nicole and SIL Brad. They just bought a " new" house in Omaha, Nebraska and I was there for a week helping them paint, and get things unpacked and organized. I was a lot of work, but also a lot of fun!! It was good to be able to see their new home and surroundings. I like, uhum.. (need) to see where they live and that they are well and happy in their new place. My SIL works for the Air force , so they move around a lot. I guess that "Mother's need to supervise" everything your child is doing never really leaves you! Poor Nicole! I don't give her enough credit , She has been in foreign countries and in the Iraq war and lived away from home for 7 yrs, but still I'm not comfortable until "I" see that she is okay. In reality, She is so much more capable than I ever was, or am still !! And, I absolutely know this, it's just the "Mom" thing, I guess.

My Daughter's Birthday was St. Patrick's Day, and I wanted to share the card I made for her with all of you. I got the idea from a card I saw on Jennifer Meyers blog , and I immediately knew I wanted to make it for Nicole's Birthday card. I used the "Always" set from SU! and the "Sweet Always" DSP, also from SU! The delicate branches the bird is nesting in were made from the Martha Stewart Branch punch. I added a Pink faux diamond for a little festive Birthday Bling! After all, every girl loves a little Bling! LOL I used my new Scalloped Eyelet Border punch from SU! and the Big Shot Top Note Die to frame the sweet little bird. Inside I used more Sweet Always DSP and placed the sentiment in a large scalloped Circle I punched out using the " Lrg Scalloped Circle punch by Mary Uchida" I inked the edges using a sponge daubber and some pink pirouette ink , also SU!, I placed " pretty in pink" grosgrain ribbon across the top of the inside flap and threaded a sweet little heart shaped paper clip on to the ribbon. I think it gives it a nice touch. I used just a tiny bit of stickles, in "Diamond" ( it may be hard to see in the photo) to add just the right bit of sparkle to the branches and on the details on the bird' s wing. All this was mounted on plain white cardstock. I gave it to her with her gift of Shamrock Polish Pottery . She had a few pieces of it already and I just brought her more mugs and some dessert plates in that pattern to complete her set. It's very pretty, tiny green shamrocks on a cream background. Now , she can have something very pretty to set the table with when her friends and new neighbors come over for Coffee. And, it is totally appropriate for her Irish heritage and St. Patrick's Day Birthday! Well, I'm off to finish yet another project for my niece, Savannah's Brownie scout troop. I'm making 100 bookmarks for her "around the world" night booth......More on that later. I will post some pics of those when I get them finished.

Have a wonderful DAY !! and thanks for stopping by!

Heidi

2 comments:

Me, My Stamps and I said...

beautiful house, Heidi!!!and I am sure you did an awesome job helping her. you are so creative in so many ways. Hugs,
chat

Anonymous said...

Hey, I love Nicoles house. I can't wait to see it in August.Love you Kelly