Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Good morning! Happy Wednesday! I hope everyone is off to a Great Day. These are some folders I made for the Ladies in my women's Bible Study. We are currently studying the book of Daniel with the Beth Moore series. It is reallly good. It is all about Babylon and the over-indulgence of that culture. It really parallels our culture in alot of ways. I find it so interesting to see that times change, governments change, but people and human nature remain the same. Anyway , back to the project, I bought some regular school folders and covered them with some paper I had in my stash and some retired DSP from SU! I stamped a little saying on the front using SU! stamps "so very" and " Blessed". I added a few punched circle and a little bling to spice them up. inside the folders already had built in side pockets, so I just added a little of the same paper to each of those to give it a finished look. Inside I put some lined notebook paper so they could take notes. To go with the folders I made some bookmarks from those giant gold paper clips that you can buy from Staples, or Office Max. I added some circles using my scalloped punch and my lrg circle punch (SU!) and adhered them with double sided tape. Hope they like them. Well I am off to finish my swaps for our March downline meeting tomarrow. Have a good day and thanks for stopping by! p.s. see the pic below to see the Clips

1 comment:

Carolyn Bounds said...

These folders are gorgeous!!! I know the ladies in our Bible study group loved them!!! I especially enjoy all the vibrant and cheerful papers...they make me smile:o)

I love the comment you made at the beginning of your post! Our current society does parallel many fallen civilizations; and you are right, many things do change...but human nature remains the same. So very sad that we cannot learn from the mistakes of our forefathers.

I hope your day is a beautiful and blessed one:o) I am going to have a closer look at your decorative paper clips!

Hugs!
Carolyn